- Make sure 3ds Max is running with administrative rights so that Maxscript can create a new subfolder in your /scripts directory.
- In 3ds Max, go to the Maxscript menu and choose "Run Script".
- Browse to the .MZP file you down loaded and click "Open".
- After the script has installed, go to Customize on the main menu and choose Customize UI.
- Choose the tab for where you want to access the script from: Toolbar, Quad, Menu...
- In the category drop-down menu, scroll down to "xScripts" and drag the script to your desired location.
- Then run it! Watch the video demos for additional help on using the script.
Free Maxscript - Make Blinds
(Demo Videos Below...)
Make Blinds is a free MaxScript that will create vertical or horizontal window blinds in seconds. With just a few clicks you can populate hundreds of windows with randomized blinds.
This script offers two modes- 'simple' mode and 'power' mode. Simple mode is a single click operation. Simply select the windows you want to treat and it will create vertical blinds with random window coverage. Power mode offers the following features:
- Choose between vertical or horizontal blinds
- Specify the width of the blinds and their offset from the window
- Specify a rotation angle (or rotate them randomly)
- Specify a range of window coverage
- Choose either a Max Standard, Vray, or Autodesk/Mental Ray material
- Options for layer and object naming
To download the latest available version, simply add this item to your shopping cart. If you are not purchasing any other items, you do NOT need to enter any credit card info during the checkout process. Your file will be available for immediate download.
Script Demo Video
Please contact us via email if you have any questions, requests, ideas, or problems.