- Make sure 3ds Max is running with administrative rights so that Maxscript can create a new subfolder in your /scripts directory.
- In 3ds Max, go to the Maxscript menu and choose "Run Script".
- Browse to the .MZP file you down loaded and click "Open".
- After the script has installed, go to Customize on the main menu and choose Customize UI.
- Choose the tab for where you want to access the script from: Toolbar, Quad, Menu...
- In the category drop-down menu, scroll down to "xScripts" and drag the script to your desired location.
- Then run it! Watch the video demos for additional help on using the script.
Free Maxscript - Displacement Roof Surfaces
Displacement Roof Surfaces is a free MaxScript that will take your existing roof geometry and properly apply UV Mapping coordinates to each roof plane and then apply convincing materials and displacement modifiers to the geometry.
Our goal is to eliminate the need for filling your 3d scenes with millions of polygons of roof tile geometry, thus keeping your viewports moving quickly and saving you hours of tedious work.
The general workflow is- make sure your roof geometry is properly prepared, run the script, choose your type of roof tile, then select the edges that represent ridges, hips, and gables, and click "Create". After the script runs, you can quickly adjust the color, variation, and tile size in the viewport and in real time.
Version 1.0 adds support for metric units and 2 more roof tile types, along with several other minor enhancements. The version history is shown below. To download the latest available version, simply add this item to your shopping cart. If you are not purchasing any other items, you do NOT need to enter any credit card info during the checkout process. Your file will be available for immediate download.
v1.0 - 10/20/10
-added menu for choosing multiple roof
-added 2 Flat Concrete Tile types
-added ability to create multiple roof types within the same file
-added support for metric units
-added options for Creating UVs,
Materials, and Ridge Geometry
-fixed rotation of ridge tiles existing
on horizontal edges with only 1 face
v.90 - 8/10/10
-1st Public Release